Saturday 1 August 2015

Taylor Swift Concert

On Tuesday the 23rd June 2015 I made my way up to Glasgow to see the legend that is Taylor Swift at the SSE Hydro.

We booked my singular little VIP ticket back at the start of November 2014 during the Fan-club pre-sale. My ticket came about five or so days before the actual concert which nearly sent me into a panic attack especially after being on hold with AXS for half an hour. I had designed my own costume which consisted of cat ears, a cat tail, a simple white t-shirt, a pair of 3/4 length leggings and a pair of white Converses. I’m not very crafty but I decided to give it a go and transformed my t-shirt and leggings into something incredible. I got so many compliments on my leggings at the concert.





The leggings were easy enough to make, I just used Hi-Tack Fabric Glue that I purchased for about £2 off of Amazon and then used the polaroid photos that came with the 1989 Deluxe CD. I glued them on simply enough then ironed the leggings and I was good to go.

So when it came to the actual day, it started off as any other; I got up, changed into some comfy clothes and messed about whilst I waited for it to be 11:30 when my Driving Instructor would arrive to take me for a lesson. When I got dropped off back at my house at like 12:30 I ran inside to have a quick cigarette and grab my purse and I made my way up to our local corner shop to withdraw money before my best friend Léah arrived to help me get ready. Funny enough, as I approached the cash machine Léah was standing there taking out money too. Once we walked back down to my house, we ordered a Dominos and then we started on getting my face looking amazing which my bffl is very good at doing.

Then it got to 3pm and I was ready to go. We jumped in a taxi and made our way to the train station where Léah headed home and I made my way up to Glasgow. I was dressed to the nines (as you can see above) and I got many funny looks as I travelled on both my trains but once I had walked over the walkway that leads from the Exhibition Centre Train Station and hit the SECC and the Hydro I didn’t get funny looks, I got smiles. There were hundreds of girls and boys dressed up in costumes too. I didn’t feel alone which really helped my anxiety.

Heading to a concert is stressful enough but then when you go by yourself it can cause anxiety, even for someone who doesn’t suffer from it on a daily basis. Thank god that i’m studying acting and i’ve gained confidence from that over the years. That confidence allowed me to interact with the people I was standing in the line with. Once I got into the arena and into the pit I met a girl who was also dressed as a cat called Tara. She was by herself too and we hit it off right away. 



Next thing we knew a guy with a lanyard came in but it was different to our collectible one that came with our pack so we both threw caution to the wind and went up and spoke to him, even gaining ourselves a selfie with him. Turns out that once Taylor came on, we realised that he was one of her main dancers and his name was Mark.





 Vance Joy, who was supporting Taylor, was incredible and played all my favourite songs including ‘Mess Is Mine’ and of course ‘Riptide’. Tara couldn’t help but point out that he kept looking over at me. Maybe it was because I was singing along really loudly or maybe it was because I was just excited to see him but he smiled at me a few times and I melted.



Then Taylor came on and me and Tara were in tears. She opened with ‘Welcome to New York’ and it was beautiful. Safe to say the rest of the concert is a blur and me and Tara basically made friends with Paul, her guitarist. We both even got thrown guitar pics by him which was amazing! I cried when Taylor sang ‘Clean’ and ‘All You Had To Do Was Stay’. I have some clips from the concert and they are on my YouTube channel here (that link will open in a new window and it'll be the video) if you fancy watching it. They are at 3:33 to 5:16. Here are some pictures from the concert.









After the concert I came out the tunnel to see my mum and dad and I cried again. I guess it was because I was overwhelmed. The concert was amazing and although it was painful and annoying to lug around the VIP tour merchandise I got it was something i’d do again and again. Her costumes were incredible and there is no doubt that Taylor can sing perfectly and she can bring Glasgow to their knees. I can't wait for her to come back and watch her do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment