Saturday 29 August 2015

What's In My Bag ~ College Edition


It's officially time for most of us to head back to School, College, University and Work! Either you're starting for the first time, going into your final year or just starting another year; everybody has a bag full of the stuff they need for their 5 days a week right? So here it is, everything I cram into my bag for College.

First off, if you guys don't know, i'm an performing arts student and i'm doing my HND at West College Scotland and this is my final college year before I go onto to do my degree. Let's start with the front pocket of my bag.


From Left to Right
Dog shaped paperclips - £1 (Wilko)
Colourful sticky tabs - 50p (Wilko)
Apple iPhone plug - £2.99 (Amazon)
Pink iPhone lead - £8.99 (Amazon)
Note cards - £1 (Wilko)

The front pocket of this backpack is very roomy and it's where I usually store smaller things like my phone charger which is an essential for me to take to college since for the three days that i'm in, i'm in from 9 till 4 but if we include travel time; i'm really out the house from 7:40am till 5:45pm so I need my phone charger. Sticky tabs are important for me because if I get given scripts or theres a monologue in a book I need to learn, I can note it with one of the tabs rather than highlighting or sometimes I do both. The notecards are handy for me jotting down a monologue to learn it and finally, I bought the dog shaped paperclips on a whim thinking i'd never use them but on out first day I think we got about 20 sheets given to us so my paperclips came in very handy. Now onto my pencil case.



Top Row
Black fine liners - £1 (Wilko)
Black Sharpie (from 24pck) - £6.99 (WHSmiths)
Blue pen - 99p (WHSmiths)
Black Rollerball pens - 85p (Wilko)
White 'House Of Commons' pen - £3.50 (Houses of Parliament Gift Shop)
Mechanical pencils - £1 (Wilko)

Bottom Row
Highlighters - £1 (Wilko)
Stabilo Point88 pack of 10 pens - £4.49 (Amazon)
Zoella Cosmetic Coin Purse - £6 (Superdrug)

A pencil case is essential no matter if you're in school or in university. Even for drama we need pens to note down production notes or do theory work. I adore this Zoella Beauty case because it's just big enough for everything that I need to use and i'll not be caught out if one of my pens don't work because I have spares. Next, my jotters.


From Left to Right
Lab Notes jotter - £10 (Topshop)
Gypsy jotter - 75p (Wilko)
'Oh Hey!' jotter - £1 (Wilko)
Satchel and polka dot jotter - £1 (Wilko)
Camera and polka dot jotter - £1 (Wilko)

Last year I feel like I wasn't organised and prepared for the amount of note taking and theory I was going to have to embark on so this year I decided to be prepared and purchased jotters for each of my subject in my first semester. So I use the lab notes one for Voice class, I use the Gypsy one for my log book for production, I use the 'oh hey!' one for Movement. I use the satchel one for professional development for actors and I use the camera one for (ironically), acting for camera. Now onto books.



Top Picture (from L to R)
Audition Speeches for Women by Jean Marlow - £9.34 (Amazon)
Voice and the Actor by Cicely Berry - £7.19 (Amazon)
Road by Jim Cartwright - £9.29 (Amazon)

Bottom Picture
No Safe House by Linwood Barclay - £7.99 (Selfridges)
Sherlock Holmes leather bookmark - £4 (Sherlock Holmes Museum gift shop)

Books are important to have for college, and if you buy them on your own accord before term starts it impresses your teachers and lecturers. I have a monologue book and a voice book which I tend to take with me on a Tuesday because thats the day I have voice, then the book 'Road' is the one I take on a Wednesday and a Friday since it's the play we're doing for production. 'No Safe House' I take with me on the train because I usually can't be bothered to take my Mac with me but my train journey lasts about 45 minutes so I need to do something to entertain myself during that time and that's where my book comes into play. Here are the final few things I have in my bag.




First Picture
Purse - $25 (Macy's)

Second Picture
Beats Solo 2 in Black - £169 (Currys)

Third Picture
Olay Make-Up Wipes - £2.99 (Superdrug)

These last three items are pretty essential. My purse, which i got in America back in 2004, holds everything from my bank card to my railcard and even to my actors equity card. It also holds what little money I have. Next is my Beats which are my little babies because there block out all the noise on the train and the 5-10 minute walk from the train station to the college. Finally my Olay wipes are my favourite thing on this earth. My make-up usually runs by like 11am so having these around save my ass from looking like a legit panda!

So that's everything I take with me in my bag. The reason I left out the green Zoella bag which is pictured in the first photo in this blog is because i'm going to do a separate post dedicated to what's in that lovely bag. I hope you enjoyed this post and look out for my 'What's In My Make-Up Bag ~ College Edition' post coming soon. 

Laura xo






No comments:

Post a Comment