Tuesday 8 September 2015

I Got That Red Lip, Classic Thing That You Like.


"She has a way with words, red lipstick and making an entrance." - Kate Spade

When I think of the lipstick, the first thing I can think of is the colour red. I always thought you had to be blonde to wear red, but as per usual I was wrong. Anyone can wear red lipstick and it'll look good because it's such a classic colour, and such a staple to everyone's collection. So I thought i'd share my little collection that i've accumulated over the past year.


So as you can see above, I swatched them and put their colour names on top of them.

From L-R

MAC (Sin) - £15.50
Maybelline Color Sensational Mattes (Divine Wine) - £6.99
Collection Deluxe (Prohibition) - £3.99
Kate Moss by Rimmel (107) - £5.49
Kate Moss by Rimmel (01) - £5.49
Topshop 5 Years of Beauty (Beguiled) - £8
Topshop (Wicked) - £8
Tanya Burr Beauty Lip Gloss (Berry Picking) - £5.99
MUA Velvet Lip Laquer (Reckless) - £3
Esscence (Rockin' Red) - A FREEBIE FROM THE EMA'S 2014
Topshop (Hazard) - £8
Max Factor (Ruby Tuesday) - £7.99

Right now i'm loving Sin, Divine Wine and Berry Picking. I go through stages, I mean a few months ago it was Reckless and Beguiled. It's weird because I forgot I had a few of these shades, I struggle trying to make the brighter red's like 'Hazard' work, but i'm going to persevere and try and wear each of these colours once by Christmas Day this year.

What are your favourite red lipsticks? What other red's should I try? Let me know in the comments. Laura xo


No comments:

Post a Comment